I researched Exelon Corporation using NAICS, IBIS World and Mintel. I also used ProPublica and GuideStar to locate Form 990 and examine Wires Group, a trade association related to Exelon.
Exelon is an energy transmission company listed as a major player in the electric transmission industry, according to an IBIS World report.
- Competitors include Pacific Gas and Electric Company and California Edison Company.
- Trade association: Wires Group.
Summary of Findings:
- There should be a stronger focus on local transmission investments and planning, according to a Wires Group report.
- Energy transmission has suffered depreciation due to lack of capital investments, according to an IBIS World report. This reasserts the first finding.
- Natural-gas generated energy is the most commonly used source, according to an IBIS World report. Residential buildings constitute the biggest market for power transmission.
Mintel Report: IKEA offers consumers 100% renewable energy tariff
- IKEA is offering the Big Clean Switch, which reduces consumers’ bills and provides green energy.
- “Consumers prioritize savings over the environment,” according to data in the report.
- IKEA’s initiative may spark similar efforts to rely on green energy in other industries, such as gyms.
- Reports show a consumer demand to switch to greener energy.
IBIS World Report: Electric Power Transmission in the US
- The Industry revenue for power transmission is more than $400 billion.
- “The industry has high depreciation costs because transmission infrastructure requires significant capital investments.”
- Energy transmission is subject to heavy federal and state regulations.
- Exelon has a market share of %7.2 in energy transmission.
- “IBISWorld estimates revenue to grow 4.2% in 2021 as demand from these vital downstream buyers comes back online with the gradual reopening of the economy.”
Wires Group: Value of Local Transmission planning
- Local transmission projects require a different approach from those of regional transmission.
- Investments in local transmission ultimately aid regional transmission.
- Investments in local transmission achieve better resistance against weather conditions.